- Nice to see the news that Ken Griffey Jr. is going to back to Seattle, where it all began. I can't think of anything nicer than ending his career where he is universally loved and admired. It will always strike me as profoundly unfortunate that injuries so affected his great career.
He's sick... the guy is just sick.
- Speaking of young hockey stars, I heard something interesting on the radio yesterday or the day before about the hype around Sydney Crosby and how, predictably, we might have been a bit hasty in suggesting that he would be the greatest of all time. That's not to say that Crosby will not be a great hockey player, but chances are that he will only ever be one of many great hockey players. It makes one think that perhaps we need to rethink how quickly we throw around predictions of Amazingness. Gretzky was a once-in-a-lifetime player, and we will probably not see his kind again.
- Israeli Tennis player Shahar Peer was recently denied entrance into the United Arab Emirates because of her nationality. Lots of interesting commentary on the incident, and the WTA's response to it here.
- How exciting was it to watch Michelle Wie almost win in the first LPGA tournament of the season? If she keeps this up, the embarassment of recent years will fade into the distant past with merciful rapidity.
- And I'm excited for Tiger to come back. Just sayin'!