Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The "It's about friggin' time" Story of the Week

... which can be found, in its entirety, here.

In short, the Hockey Hall of Fame has finally amended its bylaws to smooth the road for the induction of women into the Hall. This has been a long time coming, and the list of women who are worthy candidates is a long one. Given the length of the list, I'm not entirely sure that I understand why 4 men will be inducted each year and only 2 women, but we'll call this a step in the right direction.

3 comments:

  1. As you say, a step in the right direction1

    I will be very interested to see who the inaugural female inductees are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had to guess, I would say Angela James and Cammi Granato... maybe Manon Rheaume?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choices, definitely!

    I would also like to see some consideration given to some of the female players from the inter-war years, when women's hockey was really booming in Canada. I'm thinking of people like Hilda Ranscombe.

    ReplyDelete