Saturday, January 23, 2010

All my teams suck.

Let's innumerate, shall we?

1) NHL: The Edmonton Oilers are a terrible terrible terrible team. Terrible. And they are currently playing hockey like they don't care that they're horrible. I caught the tail-end of a game the other day and when I started watching, the Oilers were winning. And I thought, "By the end of the game, the Oilers will be losing." And they were. I just knew it. How sad is that, to have completely lost faith that your team is capable of winning anything!?

2) MLB: Look, I know what I said. I said that the Halladay trade worked out well for the Jays and that the combination of that young talent and a strong coaching staff would hopefully result in a winning team down the road. Screw that. I WANT A WINNING TEAM NOW!! 1993 was a very long time ago. Sigh.

3) CFL: The Edmonton Eskimos did make the playoffs last season, barely, and then whimpered out of them pretty fast. Since the Esks won the Grey Cup in 2005 and then missed the playoffs the next year FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 35 YEARS, they've been playing that kind of "we're the underdog and we're scrappy" role that doesn't, oddly enough, actually result in a whole lot of winning.

I WANT MY TEAMS TO WIN. A LOT. WITH NO MERCY.

I want losing to be the surprise, not the other way around.

I want my teams to stop being the butt of jokes.

I'VE PAID MY DUES. PLEEEEEEEEASE!

Sigh.

...

...

...

Maybe it's somehow my fault...

3 comments:

  1. I feel very sorry for Pat Quinn these days...

    My only comfort, sporting-wise, at the moment is that both my soccer teams are doing pretty well - Millwall are bidding for promotion again, and Napoli might qualify for the Champions' League.

    * finishes placing terminal jinx on Millwall and Napoli *

    ReplyDelete
  2. after thinking it all over, carefully, we have concluded, more in sorrow than in anger, that it is, indeed, your fault.

    ReplyDelete