Saturday, July 3, 2010

Blue Jays Update

So next week, John and I will be attending the Blue Jays game against Boston at the Rogers Centre. I ... am... EXCITED!

So, let's have a look at how the Jays are doing leading up to that series...

...
...
Doh.

The Jays are struggling. They've fallen to .500, they are 3-7 in their last ten games, and they are now 9 games back in the AL East. And to top it all off, they gave up ELEVEN runs in the third inning today against the Yankees, only a day after taking the first game of the series in an exciting 11 inning win.

So, I'm the first to admit that the Jays hot start to the season was unlikely to be maintained. The team is just too young, especially in the pitching rotation, to reasonably be expected to content consistently through the long MLB season. But still, I'm disappointed. Every year when the Jays get off to a good start it ignites a tiny glimmer of hope in the back of my mind that this is the year that the Jays will contend.

Allll that being said, I'm still excited for the game next week. There should be a good crowd at the Rogers Centre for this AL East battle, I'm hopeful to see a good pitching performance from one of the Jays' young guns and doubly hopeful to see some big offense, which we all know these Jays are capable of.

Come on JAYS!

3 comments:

  1. at least at next week's game you can cheer for both teams indiscriminately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hum. Probably not, acksherly.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I see that John Buck made the All-Star team! (also Wells and Bautista)

    ReplyDelete