Thursday, October 14, 2010

LCS Preview

Apparenly, I had my National League mojo working when I predicted the Division Series results, but I take full responsibility for underestimating the Texas Rangers and Cliff Lee. I don't take full responsibility for getting the other series wrong; I refuse to pick the Yankees to win anything.

On to the second round and the League Championships!

American League: New York Yankees vs. Texas Rangers - Rangers in 6

I was very impressed with the way that the Rangers played in the ALDS and hope to see them bring the same energy to this series with the Yanks. Cliff Lee is a great motivating factor for Texas when he pitches well. I'll be interested to see how much of a distraction AJ Burnett is if he makes a start in the series.

National League: Philadelphia Phillies vs. San Francisco Giants - Phillies in 5

Roy Halladay, are you kidding me?! Is there anybody more motivated to win the World Series than Doc? He must be an incredibly energizer for the rest of the team when they see how hard he is working and how focussed he is on winning. Giants are the feel-good team of these playoffs so far, but that won't be enough to get past the Phillies.

World Series - Rangers vs. Phillies - Phillies in 6

How fun would a Cliff Lee vs. Roy Halladay World Series game be?

1 comment:

  1. my refusal to pick the yankees to win anything always does me in in our family baseball pool. Go Texas!

    ReplyDelete