Sunday, June 12, 2011

A few shorts...

... to get back into sports blogging.

1. The Stanley Cup final is on right now, the Boston Bruins vs. the Vancouver Canucks, and it is turning in to a very exciting series!  Vancouver is currently up 3-2 in the series, but they are back in Boston for game 6, where the Canucks have played poorly, losing both previous games in Boston in the series by a combined score of 12-1.  At least the Cup isn't decided on goals for/against.

2. The NBA finals are on at the same time and while I care very little about the NBA, I am still keeping one eye on the series to see if the Mavericks can close it out on the hated Heat. Every time I see Lebron James on TV, I want to poke him in the eye.  COME ON, DIRK NOWITZKI!

3. To golf, the US open is in a week and it should be a very interesting tournament, given how wide-open the field is.  It would be great fun to see Steve Stricker finally win one, and Phil is motivated to win his first US Open, I think, but I would love to see one of the young guys take it - Rory or Luke Donald or Dustin Johnson. I confess though, I miss Tiger and his current struggles are hard to watch.

4. My own golf game is coming along well! I actually shot a 50 on one nine earlier this year, and have been consistently under 60 all year.  It's nice to finally see my progress reflected in the score!  WH and I are driving to Ontario later this summer and will stop a few times to golf along the way. Should be fun to play some new courses!

No comments:

Post a Comment